Sunday, November 8, 2015

Assignment 3 - Comparing Inventories

I took two different inventory tests, one was a cognitive style and the other was a learning style test. The two tests determine different things about you personally so they are not very similar. The cognitive style test was 110 questions while the learning style was only 20. This does not change my opinion on the accuracy of the results though. The results for the cognitive style test were very eye opening. The test measures 13 irrational styles of thinking that can create or contribute to life problems. My score was average for anxious, self-esteem, perfectionist, demand, control, dependency, externalizing, vulnerability, and trust. My score was low for passivity and withholding. My score was high for approval seeking and blaming. These results surprised me because I didn’t realize how much I seek the approval of others. The description for approval seeking says that I behave and make decisions based on the approval of others. Because the description of blaming says that I tend to focus criticism and blame on others, I feel like a hypocrite. How can I blame and criticize others while all I want is to be accepted by others too? I think I can learn a lot from my results. For the other test, I was not surprised with the results. My learning style test says I am a visual learner. I learn better by seeing pictures or reading. Everything in the description is true about me so I believe these results are very accurate. Knowing what learning style I am can greatly help me as a student because I can change my study habits so I can get better grades. A teacher can use the results of their students to help them retain information better in the classroom.
Cognitive style: http://www.excelatlife.com/questionnaires/cognitive_styles/email.php
Learning style: http://www.educationplanner.org/students/self-assessments/learning-styles-quiz.shtml?event=results&A=5&V=11&T=4

No comments:

Post a Comment